You don’t have to wait for Shrove Tuesday to enjoy these little beauties.
PREP TIME 15 Mins
COOK TIME 15 Mins
- 190g strong white flour
- 6g baking powder
- 65g caster sugar
- 45ml vegetable oil
- 10ml lemon juice
- 120ml Oggs (aquafaba)
- 75ml almond milk
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Combine the liquids – add 1/2 to the dry ingredients.
- Mix until you get a smooth paste.
- Add the rest gradually until you get the perfect batter!
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a small amount of oil. When it’s warmed, add a ladle of batter (or more if your frying pan is big enough). It will seem very thick but this is how it should be. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up. You can keep the pancakes warm in a low oven, but they taste best fresh out of the pan.
- Serve with lashings of your fav toppings!
- If you’ve got the patience, leave the batter in the fridge for a couple of hours but don’t forget to stir it before using it…
- Keep your pancakes warm while you finish cooking by popping them onto a plate and into the oven at around 70°.
- Scrummy with chocolate sauce, any sort of syrup or fruit compote, and loads of fresh fruit.